Monday, August 3, 2015

Battle Fatigue & Shell Shock



The narcopath is a human virus – they enter your arena presenting themselves as a mentor, a soulmate, a mirror, someone with answers and solutions to everything. They charm, smooth talk and love bomb their way into your brain, under your skin, into your heart, hook your very soul, and from there they silently and secretly infect your whole being, your whole life with the most deadly human virus of all: the disintegration into their nothingness.
That is what I think.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Yesterday was the best day I've since implementing No Contact.
Well, my version of No Contact at least. I can’t seem to figure out how to block someone in gmail or stop someone from making new email addys so emails are still sporadically coming in – I just don’t respond to them.

I had invited my best friend through 25 years to dinner and drinks after he offered to mow the lawn for me. A gigantic job I might add, he truly deserved dinner after that.

Just relaxing, talking, eating, drinking wine on the deck in the late afternoon sun was so wonderful I don’t even have words for it.
I could finally talk about it, and I talked about it to someone who listened, and listened with an empathetic ear, mind and heart. There was no judgment, no telling me what I should do, just listening. With a question here and there, encouraging me to fill in the blanks when my story got scattered and jumpy.

After a while I leaned into this warm feeling of safety that I always have with my best friend.
A state of complete trust. A trust that he never even once for as long as I’ve known him, betrayed.

My best friend.
There’s never been any kind of romantic vibes or undertones between us. Straight out friendship. And one that I will never take for granted, because that friendship is the most wonderful relationship I’ve got going in my life. 

Sometimes these relationships don’t get properly valued until it’s a full blown crisis in someone’s life and they are the ones to slap on the raisin bag and step up to the line with you.
These relationships are few and far between. And I’m lucky enough to be part of one.

And as I was talking, confiding, leaning into this safe warm trust I finally realized with every cell in my body how shell shocked and battle fatigued I really am.
I just let it wash over me, not fighting anything.

And when he left a little past midnight, I felt almost brand new.
I was so tired, so unbelievably tired, but after practically purging two years’ worth of crazymaking, gaslighting, push pull action soaked with lies, cheating, and verbal abuse I slept like a baby.

There IS a great life after the narcopath.
I just got a very real taste of it, and know that more is to come.
I’m on the fast track to recovery from the human virus.

Love
Melissa Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment